Air Quality Specialists in Fort Myers and All Surrounding Areas
The quality of your indoor air is a fact of life that shouldn’t be left to chance. Because indoor air quality (IAQ) impacts you in ways that other indoor comfort variables may not, it can be even more critical to consider the effect your indoor air has on your quality of life.
If you or any member of your family is an allergy or asthma sufferer, you have even more reason to closely monitor the quality of the air inside your home, since air that’s contaminated with airborne allergens can easily trigger asthma attacks or other allergy related symptoms. That’s why indoor air quality testing and IAQ assessment and mitigation are so important to your overall indoor comfort program.
Though Worse in Spring & Summer, IAQ Problems Persist Year-Round
While indoor air pollutants can be present anytime of the year, the humid summers we experience in Fort Myers and other parts of Southwest Florida can increase the breathing challenges many people already face — particularly if humidity is not adequately controlled by your AC system. This is why it’s important to make sure your air conditioner is doing its job by scheduling a maintenance inspection and tune-up once a year. It’s also one reason air purifiers may be especially helpful during the summer months. However, since many air pollutants are present throughout the year, taking precautions against letting your home become an unhealthy breathing space is always a good idea.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions Target the Issues That Cause Discomfort
Modern IAQ and HVAC technology have joined together to develop a number of highly effective air quality solutions that can be used in conjunction with your HVAC system to treat the issues that compromise the breathability of the air inside your home. A few common ones are listed below:
- Air Filters: Trap particulate matter (dirt, dust, pollen, pet dander, and other solids) in their fibers, removing it from the air
- Air Sanitizers (UV Lights): Kill microbial and bacteria growth inside your HVAC system before they can contaminate the air
- Air Purifiers: Capture and destroy microorganisms that are floating around in the air you breathe
- Ventilators: Bring fresh air in from outside, either pre-cooling and dehumidifying it (energy recovery ventilator) or pre-warming and humidifying it (heat recovery ventilator)
- Dehumidifiers: Remove excess moisture from the air in humid climates or in homes that have indoor humidity problems
At D & D Air Conditioning and Heating, our IAQ inspections can help you determine which indoor air quality solution(s) will make your Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Estero, Naples, Marco Island, Lehigh Acres, FL and surrounding area home healthier and more comfortable. Our experienced technicians will install them quickly, bringing you just the breath of fresh air you need. Contact us today to schedule your IAQ inspection.